When Yongsung Kim envisioned the Calm and Stars painting, he pondered the power and grandeur of God. The Calm and Stars painting depicts Jesus calming the seas during a great storm, noticing stars and galaxies after the calm.
How amazing it would have been to be one of the disciples on the boat when Christ calmed the raging seas!
This painting reminds us that if Christ can calm the raging seas and showcase stars and galaxies in a moment, surely, He can calm the raging seas in personal lives.
This painting by Yongsung Kim gives hope, courage, and peace to all who see it. We hope you feel that same peace.
In Mark 4:37-41 of the Bible we read the account from the desciples that inspired the painting Calm and Stars by Yongsung Kim.
(37) And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
(38) And He was n the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
(39) And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
(40) And He said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
(41) And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?